Placker is the simple, smart and clear way to plan, track and report. Find out how you can save time, stay focussed and be(come) more productive when using Placker.
Get your things done by visualizing your work
Placker uses Kanban principles of Boards, List and Items to visualize your work. You are free to use them exactly as you need to, based on your personal style, methodology or process. The key thing is that you aim to organize it in such a way that makes most sense to your way of working. You can move items from list to list by dragging them from one list to another to represent the flow of the item.
This is an example of a board that contains 5 list with items, but you are free to use boards, list and items any way you like. To give you some example on how we use them ourselves;
- For release management we use a board to track user stories across iterations (where every list is an iteration, and every items is a user story).
- For our sales team we use a board that represents our sales process (where every list is a step in the sales process and every item is a (potential) client).
- For personal to-do’s I use a board that contains my to-do’s based on categories (where the lists are categories and the items are actions).
How this will help you: You can organize your board in the way that works best for your your team, based on your style, process and methodology. Give all your team members access to the real and actual status and avoid misalignment. Generate a gantt chart if you want to plan your work in time.
Read more: Planning overview
Get the full picture by changing your view
Lists and items have attributes associated to them in order to track and plan them efficiently in Placker. The following attributes are basic attributes to define the context of the item.
- A clear and descriptive title
- One responsible owner per item
- The overall status (green, amber, red)
- The progress (Open, In progress, Pending, Completed, Cancelled)
- The planned due date or actual end date
You can use these (and custom) attributes to order and filter your lists, allowing you to focus on any type of view that you need to efficiently plan your work.
- WHO is doing what: Visualize the workload of each team member by ordering the board based on the owner.
- HOW is work processing: Discover bottlenecks in your workflow by ordering on progress. This will show you the list of items in each process step (Open, In progress… ).
- WHEN is work due? Understand if you are meeting the agreed timelines and avoid missing them by ordering based on due date. This will show you the list of items based on when they are due (overdue, due today, due this week or due later).
User filters to show or hide items based on its attributes, for example to show only items assigned to you and hide items that are completed.
How this will help you: Have more effective team meetings by focussing on that what is important, scroll through different views to understand and discuss the real status. Use custom attributes to create custom views when you need to, e.g. if you want to order on location, add a location attribute and sort your lists based on this attribute.
Understand the big picture by using trackers
Placker provides real time trackers that provide the actual status based on bar-charts, we will also generate reporting snapshots twice a day for you to keep track of the trends, these trackers and reports help you to see the big picture and act on it.
The picture shows an example of four trackers and one trend report, the trackers indicate how items are progressing, how they are against their due date (you will see one item is red), how they are distributed in the team and one custom to track the budget. The trend graph is a graph of the progress, showing how items are moving from all open to closed.
You can click on the trackers to show the list of affected items, and immediately take action, or filter items to include or exclude them in your overview.
How this will help you: Create a personal or team dashboard to keep track of the actual status, use trend reports to understand how you are progressing. Use custom attributes to track any attribute you need.
Read more: Tracking your status, in real time